Thread: Nokia Lumia 920 touch screen not working

Nokia Lumia 920 touch screen not working

Suddenly the touch screen of Nokia Lumia 920 has stopped working. I am not able to use the phone. I was playing some games and it stopped. I am able to use the side button. I can turn off the screen through power button and also the volume key is working. But I am not able to use the touchscreen. What should I do to fix the issue. I cannot even switch off the phone and go ahead with hard reset.

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 touch screen not working

Looks like a hardware fault to me. Carry the phone to repair center. Go in official Nokia service center. I don't think there is any option through which you can restart the phone. And this looks like internal hardware problem.

There is a solution available through which you can soft reset your phone. This will reboot the device and if there is no major hardware fault the system will start working back. For that you have to hold the volume down key + power key for few seconds. Keep on holding the same until the phone vibrates and restarts. You can then try to check the touchscreen back. But if this does not work then you can also run hard rest. For that you have to hold the volume down key + power + camera key for sometime. Just keep holding all the keys together sometime until the phone turn off and restart. If starts working then it is some settings issue but if not then it is a hardware fault. Carry the phone to the service cent for repair. The body of Lumia 920 is sealed and you cannot open the same. It will be complicated for you to troubleshoot the same.

Thanks for that hard reset thing. It worked. I thought my phone screen is gone and it is also out of warranty. If this solution did not worked then I have to pay a huge amount for repair. I will sell of this device and buy a new one.