Thread: Audio recording problem in Nokia Lumia 1020

Audio recording problem in Nokia Lumia 1020

I have recently bought a new Nokia Lumia 1020 mobile phone. The phone is working great but there is some problems with it when recording audio. When ever I am recording any videos then there is no audio and also voice commands are not working at all. Even the audio notes cannot be recorded, am just getting noise all over. Please help.

Re: Audio recording problem in Nokia Lumia 1020

Can you check whether you are having the latest firmware update installed in your Nokia Lumia 1020 smartphone? If not then go to Settings > Phone Update and then check for any latest software update available for your device. Note that to do this kind of update you will need to have atleast 70% of battery in your mobile phone so that there wont be any interruption between the update.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Even on the Windows Store there is no audio recorder app which gives different selction of recording formats. I dont know why still Windows Phone 8 are not having a full featured audio recorder. The only solution right now seems to be like recording as video and then on our computer converting to audio. If there is anyone who has come accross any best app in Windows store for recording audio then please share it here.

There are many apps on Windows Store for audio recording, one such is called Recorder Pro which seems to be the best out there. Anyways, check if you have the firmware 3050 version installed in your phone or not because it seems to be the latest one released for Lumia 1020. This firmware might have some fixes for the audio recording in this phone.

I have the same problem with my 1020. The problem is still present with the latest update (Nokia black). Anyone has solved the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by spawen View Post
    I have the same problem with my 1020. The problem is still present with the latest update (Nokia black). Anyone has solved the problem?
    There are many audio recording apps like Pocket recorder that you can download from the Windows Phone market. If this still doesnt solve your issue then the only thing left to do is to take your Lumia 1020 to the Nokia Care Center and ask them about solving the case with the audio recorder.