Thread: Volume down button problem in Nokia Lumia 720

Volume down button problem in Nokia Lumia 720

I am using Nokia Lumia 720 for past 1 months now and have started getting problems with it. When ever I wake up the phone then the volume down button will not work for sometime until I press the Volume up button. Is this a hardware issue or a software issue? If I will press it a little harder then only the volume down button will start to work? Does anyone know about this weird problem? Thanks

Re: Volume down button problem in Nokia Lumia 720

It definitely seems to be a hardware problem because you said that when you are hard pressing the Volume Button then it seems to work fine. So what you can do is, take your Nokia Lumia 720 to the nearest Nokia care centre and get it checked over there. If there is no physical damage done to the phone then the repair of replacement of the mobile phone will be done free of charge.

There are many people who seems to be facing this problem with their Nokia Lumia 720 and it was written somewhere that this problem is happening after updating the music application. So, to solve this problem everyone is required to update their phone to the latest Amber firmware that is available Over the Air. Just go to the settings and then phone update area to get this latest firmware.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

There is a temporary fix to solve this problem. You will need to open Music Player and then play a song. After that set the Volume to maximum sound and then press hardly on the volume down button to bring it at lowest sound points. After that do a soft reset by holding down volume down and power button together for 15 seconds. The phone will restart now and the issue will be solved. Hope this helps.