Thread: Wifi dropping on HTC One X after updating to Android 4.2.2

Wifi dropping on HTC One X after updating to Android 4.2.2

My phone was working fine before installing the new Android update. I got a popup of Android 4.2.2 OTA update. I ran the same. And the download was fast. The update was installed. The phone restarted more than 5 times to fully apply the settings. Later on I started facing issue with wifi. The connection keeps on dropping. It happens whenever I keep the phone aside and when I try to open any page I get a 404 error on that. I have to turn off the wifi and turn it on back. Then only it works.

Re: Wifi dropping on HTC One X after updating to Android 4.2.2

That is a unstable wifi. It looks the new update is not proper. I will recommend you to turn a full factory reset. And then check back. If not then you can contact the service center for fix. It is a bug.

Wifi problem with android is common. It can be due to a weak wifi chip or due to poor coverage. So you have to check from all side. A number of time the
    internal battery saving feature is the major cause of the problem. You have to turn it off. Devices like HTC and Sony Xperia comes loaded with powerful battery management. This feature turn of various things in the device when battery fall back at certain level. This is to boost the power. So the first thing you have to do is go in the settings and go under Power. See what all option you get in that. You can turn them off if not needed. The second thing you can do is check the router and verify the connection. You can ping the router ip for that. If you are getting constant response then it is working fine. Later on ping any website and see whether you are getting a constant reply or not. If it breaks in between then it means your internet connection has a issue.

I also has the problem in Lumia. Sometime even after being having a active connection no page is displayed. I check the settings and found that the sleep mode is reason behind the problem. There are certain battery saving stuff which turn of the wifi.