Thread: how to unlock Iphone 5

how to unlock Iphone 5

After 12 months I have moved abroad from my contract and for this purpose I have also submitted an unlocking request before leaving. But the unlock code was not given in time before I left for the country and now I am in a different country with a locked iPhone 5. So, can anyone tell me how do I unlock my phone? Thanks

Re: how to unlock Iphone 5

Since you are using an iPhone 5 so the unlocking will be done through Apple or iTunes only. You will need to connect the phone to iTunes with a non-network based Sim card inserted. After connecting to itunes there will be no issues in unlocking it from abroad. If you dont understand anything then simply take your mobile phone with a non-contract based Sim card to the Apple store and they will guide you the way.

Just follow the below steps to unlock your iPhone 5:
    1. Check if your carrier offers unlocking. Only your carrier can unlock your iPhone.
    2. Contact your carrier and request an unlock.
    3. You may need to meet certain requirements to qualify for unlocking. After your carrier submits the unlocking request, it may take up to seven days.
    4. Once you receive confirmation from your carrier that your iPhone unlock has been processed, proceed to the next section.

More information is given here - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5014

You have to download the latest iTunes software and then connect your iPhone to your computer and choose the iphone TAB on the upper right side. After that on the same page you will see "Check for Updates" and Restore. Simply click on Restore and then follow the instructions given to backup your data from your iphone and it will start the process of unlocking.