Thread: no service on my iPhone 5S

no service on my iPhone 5S

Day before yesterday I bought myself a new iPhone 5S and also purchased the nano sim. Previously I was using iPhone 4S so I am used to this phone without any issues. But after following the step by step instructions to change my number to my new sim I am still not getting no service on this phone. Its been more than 24hours now and still its showing no service? What should I do to solve this problem.

Re: no service on my iPhone 5S

Have you checked if your new Sim card is activated or not. Try to remove the Sim card and re-insert it again. After that check if the iPhone is acquiring the network again. Incase your Sim card has Sim Pin enabled then try toggling it off by going to Settings > Phone > Sim Pin. Also try another location and test if any different location works, then try to contact your carrier to report the problem.

After calling Apple Support and they are just telling me to reset all the Network Settings. So, I went to Iphone's Settings and then General and then Reset and tapped on Reset Network Settings. But still I am having the "no service" problem. It seems that the problem might be related to the network provider that I am using, so I will just wait for a day or two.

Can you try to use different Sim card and check if it is working. If it is still not working then the problem might be with the GSM functionality in your iPhone 5S. It could be either a hardware issue or a software problem related to the firmware. Try and update to the latest firmware and see if that works. If nothing works then replace your device from the Apple store.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"