Thread: Assigning different Incoming SMS Notification audio on HTC One X+

Assigning different Incoming SMS Notification audio on HTC One X+

I need some help to assign different notification tone on HTC ONe X+. I had recently updated my phone to Android 4.2.2.This also offers Sense 5.0 which fast and impressive. Here I am facing a bit issue with sms notification. I had configured a different notification for the regular incoming message. For Facebook Pop I had applied a different message. But whenever I receive any facebook update the audio which is assigned for SMS appear. I want both of them separately.

Re: Assigning different Incoming SMS Notification audio on HTC One X+

I have HTC One X and in this it is working really fine. I am able to assign different notification for different apps and it really work fine. Here the best thing you can do is run a full factory reset. Backup your data and then only reset. Or else this will create issue.

It looks the tones settings are not applied. I got the issue with a alarm before on Sony Xperia. I had added a tone that I want when the alarm rings. But it always plays the default one. I tried various things to change it, did not work. Later on I switch to different application. In your case I will recommend you to copy the tons inside notification folder of your internal storage. You wll get the audio listed in settings panel. From where you can tap on the same and set it as a default one. The next thing you can do if nothing works is to go ahead with factory reset. This might resolve the problem. But if this does not work then the only option left is to use a working third party app that has all the settings.

Try to check the audio file which you are using for keeping ringtone. The file is not proper due to which you are getting the issue. You have to reduce the file size. It is quiet heavy then the phone will take time to play the audio file.