Thread: Not able to lock the screen of HTC ONE

Not able to lock the screen of HTC ONE

I have a weird issue in my phone. I am not able to lock the phone screen. I am using a pin lock here. I had gone under the settings panel where I can find option to modify the lock-screen. I had applied a new password in the same. But when I turn off the phone and on, the lock screen does not work. The pin settings are not immediately applied. I had also restarted the phone a number of time, but still it does not work. Any idea what is the issue.

Re: Not able to lock the screen of HTC ONE

It must work. It looks there is some issue with the password. So here try to use a different one and go in Settings > Security > Screen lock and see if you are able to find any additional settings associated with the screen lock.

Just check once that is there any other security settings or app which is working and causing the issue. I got the issue with adding a face lock. It was not working. I just get the plain lock-screen back. The best part of android is that you have tons of third party application that can help you to get rid of this issue. You can ignore the internal settings and use a different application. The best free app is Smart Lock. This is free and it offer you to use different settings. It also has a applock in the same. I am using this application from long time and quiet happy with different options available in the same. I am right-now using a picture password. You can add a text pattern, you can 4 or 6 digit pin, etc. It offer you full customization and also you can manage folders separately for the application.

Try to reset the phone. This might fix the issue. This is really weird. Once pin lock is applied the lock screen must appear up on the home screen once you press the lock key. Backup your data and go ahead with full factory reset and then try back.