Thread: How to find maximum ram upgrade support on Netbook

How to find maximum ram upgrade support on Netbook

I have a Acer netbook. I had bought this long before which runs on Intel Atom processor. I need some help to upgrade ram on the same. How can I find what is the maximum ram will work on this. Rightnow it has only 1GB and runs on Windows XP. It is bit old. I need some help to add one more and boost the output. I am trying to run Photoshop on it. But it is not working and freezing a lot.

Re: How to find maximum ram upgrade support on Netbook

Upgrade depend on the specification. On the basis of model you can find the details on web. You can find the maximum ram it supports and you have to contact Acer service center for that. I think you can add upto 2GB only.

You can find that through the model number. All you have to do is go on Acer website and search for the model number. If you can post the netbook model here then I can also help you to locate what is the maximum ram you can use. In specification it is clearly mention the number of slots and the amount of ram you are using. If you have only one slot and your system supports upto 2 or 4GB then you will have to buy a single stick and remove the old one. But if there is a additional slot available then you can add ram on the same. Netbook rams are costly. So you have to check the specs first before going ahead. If you have a additional slot left in the system then you can simply go for a new one. Second thing the performance relies on the processor also. If you have a very low end cpu then adding ram will not help much.

Avoid going for upgrades for a netbook. Better get a decent desktop. This is far more cheaper and you don't have to buy anything for the coming 2 years. Use the netbook for outdoor usage.