Thread: Is there any Andorid 4.4 custom rom download available for Galaxy S4

Is there any Andorid 4.4 custom rom download available for Galaxy S4

Has anyone tested Android 4.4 Kitkat Custom rom on their phone. I cannot find any. I can see many for Jellybean, but nothing for kitkat. If a custom rom is available then it will be better to get this one and test it. I am looking for a good custom rom of Galaxy S4. It might get OTA update after a really long time. I had already rooted my device and installed a custom rom which is really amazing.

Re: Is there any Andorid 4.4 custom rom download available for Galaxy S4

Nope there is no custom rom available for this new OS. This is because the rom is not released in the market yet. Once it is out we will surely get Nexus 5 rom for various devices. I am looking one for HTC One X+.

There is nothing like that available. Whichever rom I found was just having a interface of this OS but not the actual one. It is built over the same Jellybean OS only. Android Kitkat is not released yet. But if it is then surely we will get a custom rom based on it. I had seen developers they use the old os, tweak the UI and give it as the real new OS rom. But that is actually not proper. I had seen one rom by CyanogenMod. Which is released for Samsung Galaxy Note 3. This mobile has Android 4.3 Jellybean OS and through CyanogenMod 11 you can have Android Kitkat on it. The update is not officially, but it is released. To test the same I don't have S3 and using it on some other phone can cause issue. Some manufacturer has rolled out kitkat update. HTC One is among all to get this first in US. Other devices like S4, Note 3, etc will also get this new update soon.

There are some roms in the market which are built on custom rom. CyanogenMod 11 offers you this custom rom, you can install this one in your phone to run kitkat OS. But do not forget to checkout the device compatibility or else there will be issue.

CyanogenMod 11 is the only way to get Kitkat on your phone. But these are device specific rom. Like a recently leaked rom is based on Galaxy S4 and this rom will not work on low end mobile phone. I am waiting for the stock rom. If this is released then there are chances of installing Kitkat on any devices. Because you have the basic android feature and everything is going to work smoother. Some custom rom are leaked for Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3 and Nexus. As per the features of Kitkat this rom is ideally designed to work on low end devices also. That means it does not really need a very high hardware configuration. You can test it on low phone also which are still running on ICS or Gingerbread. Officially it is not possible to get the updates, but through custom rom we can get the new features.

Don't go for any custom rom installation. Galaxy S4 is going to get the Kitkat update soon. This will be a OTA update. It is official. If you go ahead with custom rom, then you will loose the phone warranty and you will also not get any additional updates.

I can see some stock roms. This are open source stock rom which are released and they do not give you any special features. You can get benefit of the stock features that comes pre-installed on the OS. But it is not recommend to test that. Because different manufacturer offer you a optimized version of Android OS which is smooth and fast. This optimized version also has many additional features. It is necessary that you must simply go ahead with OTA update. If you have a device like HTC One or Samsung Galaxy S3, then surely in coming time you are going to get the new update which you can install on your system and test out. I only prefer to test is the rom is supported by the device model. There you have chances to get the default additional features also. Before downloading and using any rom go on the official website and checkout device support. If that is available then only move ahead with the setup and installation. Or else just avoid the same.

I will go ahead with the OTA update. There is a reason for that. Recently my friend has installed a stock rom on his htc phone. I tested the new OS it is great, but the additional features which are provided by HTC is removed.