Thread: Screen replacement help for Asus Fonepad Tablet

Screen replacement help for Asus Fonepad Tablet

Accidentally the screen of my tablet is broken. I was carrying in my bag and was coming home from train. We all know that 7 O clock in the evening are peek hours and has extreme rush towards virar. When I checked my back at home I found the screen cracked from center. The tablet is working fine, and touchscreen also looks proper. Only the glass over the top side is cracked. Sometime the touchscreen did not responds. Is there a way to repair it on my own.

Re: Screen replacement help for Asus Fonepad Tablet

You cannot replace that on your own. You have to take that to service center. Anyhow you will have to pay a good amount on that. It is a costly fix. Next time try to keep it in a cover. It will protect the screen from this kind of damages.

This tablet has a 7inch IP display. You might get a replacement but the quality will be affected. I had recently changed the screen of Samsung Galaxy Y. My phone screen was damage due to water. I went to service center and they were demanding quiet high for it. Later I ordered the screen from ebay and through manual I had replaced it. It is working fine now. In your case it is better if you carry the same to service center. You will surely get a replacement there. You can search on ebay for the screen. If you are not aware about how to open and change the screen then do not attempt to go for this. You can damage the product permanently. It is always better to carry it to a trusted repair center. I think service center is the only solution which can help you to get it fixed. Or else there is no way. If it was a mobile phone then it is far more easier to change the screen, and the cost on that is also quiet low. Tablet have big size screen which are costly.

Only a good technician can repair the same. It is not easy to fix the screen on your own. Recently my friend has broke his HCL tablet and he went to the repair center. They charge him around Rs.2300 for fixing the screen.