Thread: How is the GPS of Google Nexus 5

How is the GPS of Google Nexus 5

I am looking to buy the new Nexus 5 smartphone from google because it is coming with the latest Android operating system called kitkat version 4.4. I usually travel a lot of places so I wanted to know how is the GPS performance of this new mobile phone? Is the GPS sginal good or bad? How much time does the GPS take to lock in an particular place? Thanks

Re: How is the GPS of Google Nexus 5

Well, when I used the GPS on my Nexus 5 then I saw that it used to tak 12 seconds to get a lock on after when I cleared aGPS history in the application area. I also did this testing indoors and I was satisfied with this results. But I do think that the lock must take only a couple of seconds with 15-20 meters accuracy or so.

I have recently got myself this new Google Nexus 5 for a week and I dont think that the GPS performance is quite good in this phone. My Nexus 5 is able to lock onto a position quickly but it looks to be continuously shifting my position within about 30' or so. If I am using a GPS app then the signal strength from the different satellites is too less than the same app that was there in Nexus 4.

There are many people who are getting poor GPS on their Nexus 5 smartphone but there are others who are getting good response. Even I am getting not so quick quality lock. Also in indoors it is very much slow compared to outside. I will try to use my phone only for location setting and then reset the phone and test the GPS again and see if that works fine.