Thread: Green LED problem in Htc One

Green LED problem in Htc One

I am using a Htc One smartphone and last week I noticed that its led light is growing dim. Yesterday the phone restarted itself and it was not shutdown properly. Then the phone hanged for sometime with the screen on with a black background. So, I turned off the phone but from since then the pgone is not powering back on. If I connect it to the power from the wall then it will not show anything if it is charging via Led. So, I started booting up the phone by holding Power and Down volume button. The phone started to work but still there was no Led? I also did a factory reset but there was no Led? Can anyone please tell me how do I solve this problem? Thanks

Re: Green LED problem in Htc One

Well, what you can do is, go to the dialer and then type this *#*#3424#*#* (3424 = DIAG) which will bring up HTC internal diagnostic and there will be a "Led Test" and then choose and run it to see if it's a hardware defect or not and you will get Orange and Green Led tests. If still this doesnt work then you can try to replace it in Warranty.

I also did the above test in a small lit environment and I found out that the Orange and Green Led were quite bright. Anyways, do you use any kind of cover with your mobile phone? It might be possible that the Led could have shifted its position and is being partially covered by the speaker grill? So, it could be definitely a hardware problem.

I think that there might be a 5 minute timeout on the notification light. So, it could be possible that the time has elapsed from the notification until you checked at your phone. When your phone is plugged to a powe cord then it will not flash for notifications because the battery status overwrites. This is how it actually works.