Thread: Google Nexus 5 charging problem

Google Nexus 5 charging problem

Last week I got a myself a new Google Nexus 5 phone. I am really enjoying it very much but there is one thing that is bugging me right now. I have noticed that my Nexus 5 is charging very slowly or sometime it doesnt charge at all? Is there anyone else with this same problem or has anyone experienced the same problem and solved it? Thanks

Re: Google Nexus 5 charging problem

I have also read in many reviews where people are claiming that there is some weird battery issues in Nexus 5. Some people say that battery life is good while others say that it is poor the next day. Most of them also say that the battery life is just fine that we should expect from Nexus 5. If you really think that there is some battery or charging issues with your phone then replace it soon.

Can you try to restart your Nexus 5 smartphone and then check whether it shows the same battery percentage left on the phone screen. Recharge your phone to 100% and then unplug it from the charger and use it for small things like web surfing and such. If the battery gets depleted below 50% within 1 hour, then its definitely the phone that is problematic

Once you have plugged your phone and its charging then go to Settings > Battery and then check what it says at the top side of the word charging. If you can see AC then it might be going up aroung 1% every minutes, but if it says USB then it will be anything from 1% every 5 minutes or so. The stock charger should always display you AC if it is plugged into the wall socket but if it says USB then the problem is with the charger.