Thread: HTC One slow charging through Dell 2540 USB 2.0 port

HTC One slow charging through Dell 2540 USB 2.0 port

My HTC One phone charges very slow. I first connect it on a 3 port usb hub. This was further connected to a laptop. The phone give me battery low message while playing games. Later on I connected it directly to the laptop usb port through usb cable. But still the phone takes a long time to charge. I had lost the original charger and I can only charge in this way. I carry the cable with me. At office I charge by connecting the phone to another usb hub.

Re: HTC One slow charging through Dell 2540 USB 2.0 port

Try to use the original charger only. I had seen people using any charger and sometime the micro usb cable to charge the phone. Which cause this kind of issue. Connect the phone to the power outlet through usb charger and then test back.

Slow charging is a common issue with many smartphone. This is because the device is not getting the right voltage. You have to use the original charger for that. Connect the phone to the power outlet and once it is fully charge remove it. There is a way to calibrate the battery with device. For that first drain out the full battery until the phone completely turns off. Now remove the battery and keep it aside. After 10 to 15 minutes insert it back and turn on the phone. This is one of the best way to fix the issue. If still the issue goes on then it means there is some issue with the battery or there is any battery management application in your phone causing the problem. Remove it and check it again. Most of the device gets fully charge in 2 to 3 hrs. That is the max time. But if you have active internet connections, gps and other things working the battery will also drain fast. Go in your phone and install a task manager type app. This will show you running application in the background. There are chances that any background app is eating up your maximum battery causing the slow charging issue.

Slow charging can be due to low power output. You said that you are charging your phone on a usb hub. Many usb hub come with a separate power adapter. And it also work faster compare to the one which is on your cpu case. You have to use the phone charger here.

Slow charging is a common issue in many high end smartphones. There are two reason for that. First the battery is not proper and second some application in the phone is instantly eating up your battery. So you have to check your background application first. For that you can download a task manager kind of software and it will show you all running apps. You have to turn them of. I had got this issue when I had connected my dropbox account with my android phone. Whenever I take photos and videos it starts uploading. I have a 2G network. The battery drain out within 2hours. Later on I found that Dropbox upload is causing this problem and I disconnected the account. Now the battery works for longer time. So there kind be some kind of similar apps which is causing the issue and you have to get rid of it.