Thread: Galaxy Note 3 dropping calls even after having solid network

Galaxy Note 3 dropping calls even after having solid network

I have noticed that whenever there is a strong signal in my Galaxy Note 3 then after 15 seconds the call drops automatically after connecting to somebody. Also if I am moving from one place to another then the data connection will also fluctuate from 3g to 2g to no connection. Sometimes if there is a good signal then when I try to call then the network bar drops to 0? Has anyone got the same problem?

Re: Galaxy Note 3 dropping calls even after having solid network

Are you using the Galaxy Note 3 on the Sprint network. If so, then you are prone to face the call quality problem or calls dropping issues. Many users who are using the Sprint Galaxy Note 3 phone are facing this problem of cracking and call drops. There is an internal problem with this network provider and still they havent solved it to their customers. So until a fix is released from Sprint there is nothing that you can do about it.

There is a small trick to partially solve the call dropping problem with the Sprint Galaxy Note 3 smartphone. This phone seems to be having some problem with the proximity sensor. To solve this issue, use the phone in speaker mode. After that shut off proximity sensor option by going to Settings > Device > Call Settings and then uncheck Turn off Screen during calls. Now just keep the phone plugged in and then dont have any screen lock or time out. Check the difference now.

After checking for some solution I found out that Sprint is working with Samsung to solve the call dropping issue on Galaxy Note 3. I also heard that both Samsung and Sprint are in the process of pusing out an update to correct the call audio, bluetooth audio and the call dropping problem. Also, do not root the device because the update wont work in that case.