Thread: Getting headset unsupported error on Sony Xperia Z

Getting headset unsupported error on Sony Xperia Z

I purchased a headphone from online site. It does not has any brand. It is a cheaper one. The headphone has a 3.5mm audio jack. It is common. I can use this on my mp3 player. But when I connect it on the mobile phone it is giving me headphone unsupported error. The error keeps on appearing whenever I try to connect it. The headphone is in working condition. It is not damage. Is there any settings in Xperia that I have to disable to use it.

Re: Getting headset unsupported error on Sony Xperia Z

The same issue also lies with Samsung. You cannot use a third party headphone on that. It is because it works only with originals. So go on any online site and buy a good Sony headphone. There is no internal settings available to disable that thing.

That is a problem with Sony Xperia Z1. It does not work with any headphone. I am also trying to use the one that I got with my tablet. But when I connect it, it is giving me unknown headset error. I bought a Sony MDR-E9A Headphone. This one comes for Rs.200. It is cheap and good. I can use this on my mobile phone and it works really fine. There is no problem with the output. It is low on audio quality but for usage it is enough. There is no settings available in the device through which you can disable that. It looks to be loaded in the firmware itself. And if you are looking for a good one then you can go with Sony MDR-ED12LP. The cost is around Rs.700 which is also not bad at all. I was having a bit shortage of money due to which I cannot buy the same. But this would be my next headphone.

That is a problem with high end phone. They work with original accessories. Even Note 2 has the same issue. You cannot run any cheap china headphone on that. You will have to buy a better one. There are cheap headphone available from Sony. Get one and try it.