Thread: overheating problem with Sony Xperia Z1

overheating problem with Sony Xperia Z1

I have recently bought a new Sony Xperia Z1 smartphone for myself and am facing some major problems with it. This phone's battery life is very bad and I using apps that reduce the power consumption from this phone. Also, the most major problem of this phone is that it gets too overheated. Is there anyone else with this same phone facing similar issue or is my device bad? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: overheating problem with Sony Xperia Z1

Sony Xperia Z1 will get hot if you are using it continuously by running applications or playing games. There is also a built in thermal application in this smartphone that will let you know when it gets too overheated. Do you get any messages related to overheating on your mobile phone? Incase you are not getting it then you can expect it to use further until you get any messages.

Can you tell us how long do you keep the phone screen on? If possible then try to press on the graph and take a screenshot for the wifi, screen, etc; and post it here in your next reply. I read some news that there was a new firmware update released for this phone which includes some performance tweaks. So try to do the same on your smartphone and see if it helps.

Yes, I can confirm that there was some overheating problem while playing games continuously for 30 minutes or so. But now after doing the firmware update, which was released last week, my Sony Xperia Z1 doesnt overheat that much like previously. Also there was a guy who underclocked xperia z1's processor to get rid of the heating problem, so you can try this but at your own risk.