Thread: no network after updating my Android phone

no network after updating my Android phone

I have a Samsung Galaxy Y phone. After installing a Custom rom on the same I am facing problem with the network. It is not working fine. Sometime the network is shown full while sometime it disappear. I contacted my SIM provider who says there is no issue from their end. Is there any option to resolve the problem. I tried location factory restore but that also did not work. I need some help here to fix the issue.

re: no network after updating my Android phone

It looks the rom which you had installed is not proper. It is having a bug with network thing. You have to restore the original rom back. You can download that from web and through ODIN you can restore it back. Just try to locate the original rom.

It is a common problem. There is nothing much you can do. Custom roms are never safe. They can generate more issue if not properly build up. Now more of the custom roms in the market are un-official. Due to which there is no tech support available through which you can simply contact anyone to fix the problem. It is always recommended to take a complete phone backup before going for the process. Because it can cause problem later on. I had seen people just blindly install the custom rom without taking the old rom backup. Which is possible through nandroid. All you have to d is root your device. Compare to other Samsung devices are much easier to restore. So you must never install new rom without taking the backup of old. If any issue appear there is no way to restore it. you have to use your deice as it is forever.

It is right. You must always take a backup and then go ahead with installation. I had did this for Galaxy Grand. i have the old rom backup. Whenever I face any problem I restore that through CWM and it works fine. That is the safer way to test custom rom.