Thread: My iPod is freezes on a video not moving ahead

My iPod is freezes on a video not moving ahead

I own iPod Touch. It was working fine. I had given that to my friend for sometime. I don't know what he did in it. The ipod is not working well. It is freezing in between. Just a few hours ago it freezes completely. I cannot move anything nor the touch is working. How can I fix it back. I need some help here. Can I do something via iTunes. I tried connected it, but it remains undetected. How to restore it back to the factory settings. Will it wipe out the songs.

Re: My iPod is freezes on a video not moving ahead

This can be due to a internal app crash. You can fix that by turning it off and then turning it on back again. It usually does not happen, but sometime the internal apps cause the cause the issue. So just turn of the ipod first and turn it on. This will work back fine.

That is because there are too many apps in that. It is necessary that you must remove some of them and then check back. Turn off the ipod and turn it back again. This will clear the memory and then you can move ahead to clean the internet app. This will be one of the most easiest way to fix the problem. Now the iPod Touch does not comes with any extra settings inside it through which you can just wipe the apps and restore it. I had seen a huge discussion on web regarding the same and people are just not able to get any solution. The forcing turning it off remains the only solution. When you are using the iPod Touch it is necessary that you must turn off the Bluetooth. You must also avoid any additional services which are working. Just disable them. Most of the people are saying that Bluetooth is one of the most common cause of this issue. You just have to turn this off and done. It will not freeze. There is no troubleshooting options available through iTunes. This would be far more better compare to what we do inside the device.

There is nothing you can do through iTunes. The most you can do is update the software if it is available. But you can go with factory restore. This will wipe out everything. There is a reset method available try to find a button that can do that.

It looks this kind of issue appear when the network connection is turned on in the device. So you can fix that buy turning it off. All you have to do is turn of your mobile phone. And then you have to go in the wifi connection and disable it. Wipe out all the settings. It is better if you just directly reset everything. It is quiet important. Once the connection is reset you can go ahead with configuration other stuff. Some application inside can also be the cause of issue.To fix that you have to remove it. It is always good to sync everything on cloud so that it must work fine and has no output problem. Reset is the only option left. But there are chances of losing everything on the same. So you have to check. Through iTunes you can sync the iPod first and then go ahead with reset. You just have to turn off all the settings. Once it is synced you do not have to worry about settings here.

When you reset your iPod touch nothing is lost. So you don't have to worry about the same. Just run the reset thing and done. You can later on sync the ipod touch with your pc and backup everything. This is one of the most easiest way to fix the issue.

There is no standard way available other than running a Reset. If this works then your iPod will work back to normal. Or else the last thing left is to carry the same to Apple care. I fix my device through this. The best part of using a reset is that it does not cause a data loss. It still remain in it. It is always better to keep the device sync with iTunes. You have all your data backup in the pc. So that if anything happens you can wipe it out and then connect it to your pc and sync it back. This is really easy. So here just hold the on/off switch for some time. You have to press the reset button with that. This will restore the ipod to factory settings. That means this is going to wipe out everything in it. So this can be your last option to try out. If nothing works out then you can run the same to last factory settings and checkout whether it is working well or not.

I had restored the ipod through iTunes long before. Luckily there was a software update at that time. I ran it and the freezing issue was resolved. It is working fine now. There is very few troubleshooting option left which can help to fix the problem.