Thread: Transferring 800 contacts from Android to Nokia Asha SIM

Transferring 800 contacts from Android to Nokia Asha SIM

I have a very old Nokia device. It belong to some asha series. I am not sure about the model. It has a plastic enclosure on the top side with complete qwerty keypad. Now I have around 800 contacts in a android phone. It is Galaxy Y. I want to transfer those in the Nokia phone. The phone does not has wifi due to which I cannot use it on my wifi network. What are the possible ways through which I can move the contacts to Nokia phone and save them in the SIM memory.

Re: Transferring 800 contacts from Android to Nokia Asha SIM

Almost all Nokia phones comes with contact backup stuff. In the android phone you can copy all the contacts in memory card and then insert the same in your Nokia device. Go in contacts and check for more options. You can then import contacts from memory card.

If the phone does not has a wifi or contact transfer thing then it is very complicated to get the contacts in it. I had wasted a long time in doing this on a old Nokia phone. In Contacts under more options you can find a settings called as Import from SD card. Now this is not present in my phone. You can try looking for that in your device. If it is present all you have to do is export the contact in sd card and then import it back in the Nokia devices. In old devices this thing is not available due to which it is very complicated to get all contacts at one place. And I am having around 900 contacts which I am trying to save in the sim card through android phone. But still it is not working. I am using app for that. It helps me to store the contact in the sim card but it does not read all. It just read around 80 to 90 contacts among them. The second thing you can do is simply go ahead with configuration of adding a contacts via internal memory. Now for that you will have to use the bluetooth. You can send all the contacts via Bluetooth in the form of vcard. Mark all and then send them. As you receive the contacts in old phone click on Save. That's all. This is a time consuming process but really works.

For old devices it is a waste of time to get the contacts in one place. I had tried many things for that. First of all the sim comes with limited memory where you cannot do anything to get the contact information. Try out some other way of doing the same.