Thread: Planning to buy a lightweight gaming laptop

Planning to buy a lightweight gaming laptop

I want some help to buy a lightweight gaming laptop. I had seen some models in a nearby shop where I can find heavy laptops loaded with amazing gpu and high storage. But this is a real pain to carry it from one place to another. I want a lightweight machine which is easy to carry and has no problem with gaming also. I hope there will be some great models available. Weight is a major issue here

Re: Planing to buy a lightweight gaming laptop

I found a dell model on the web. It is Dell Inspiron 14R 5421. This looks a nice 14inch lightweight laptop. The cost of this laptop is Rs. 44600. I think you must checkout the specs here. It has a 3rd generation Core i2 cpu with Mobile HM76 Express chipset. It has good graphic memory also. 1

For your choice I think the recently launched MSI GE40 is one of the best one. This is a new laptop launched some time ago which offer you a amazing design with great features. It has a 17.3inch screen that makes it a bit large for working purpose also. for gaming you always need a big size monitor. Or else the front resolution is affected and you do not get the kind of output you are looking for. So here in MSI GE40 you are getting more better hardware config, thin design and high end hardware configuration. It works well has a weight around 5.7pounds only. So that makes it very lightweight to carry. The laptop is a thin model which is costly but amazing for gaming stuff. It offer you a 3rd generation Intel Core i7 processor. For graphics it provide you GeForce GTX 765M. This s a good gpu for playing all high end games. Being a quad core cpu you get amazing output in terms of multi-tasking and gaming output. The internal hard drive of this laptop is 750GB only. I am not sure about the Indian price but this would be much higher compare to a regular model in the market.

You are looking for a ultra book type of system. This are really costly. Now if you go for any traditional system you have to pay around Rs.45000 and you will get good system with 2Gb video memory. That means double the power that provide you much higher video resolution.

Gigabyte has recently a launched some laptop models recently. This are small size laptop which are loaded with good hardware configuration and has a very lightweight design. I think that will be more cheaper for you. The laptops which are released recently have a a screen size of 14inch minimum. This makes it portable. Now this laptops are designed by keeping games under consideration. The laptop is powered by 4th generation Intel Core i7 Quad core cpu. This is belongs to very few models in the market which are loaded with a 4th generation Intel Core i7 cpu. This is amazing in graphics and offer you great output. Also for graphics you are going to have Nvidia GeForce GTX 760M cpu on the same. This gpu is enough for running any high end game in the market. For storage it provide you 256GB mSata SSD for great performance. While for storage you will have 1TB space in it. I think this would be better here. The model is Gigabyte P34G I think. Try to find the price in local market.

Re: Planning to buy a lightweight gaming laptop

The other model which is released with P345G is P35K. This laptop is a ultralight laptop having a Core i7 processor with Geforce GTX 765M cpu. This is more higher and better one. It has a 15inch screen size. This laptop has 3Tb storage and it has a HDD slot.

I too think ultra portables are costly. Now I have seen some reasonable models on flipkart which I am going to buy soon. The latest one that I saw recently is Samsung NP350 V5c-S07IN. This laptop has a Core i3 processor. It is a 3rd generation processor which is quiet commonly used in many models. It has 4GB ram with 1Tb hard drive and 2GB graphic card. Along with Windows 8 Os on the same. All this things are coming at a price of Rs.45000. So this makes it a bit affordable compare to the ultra-portables which are in the market. Now you can go ahead with a desktop also which is more cheaper according to me. The laptop comes loaded with amd Radeon HD 7670 2GB cpu. So this is simply amazing. The gpu is great enough to give you high end resolution multiple monitors. I will advice you to test out this model once.

There is one more model which I am using at my office. It is Lenovo Essential G400s. This laptop comes for Rs.4800 and has Intel Core i5 cpu with 4GB ram and 500Gb hard drive. It has 2Gb graphic card support that looks to be amazing enough.