Thread: How to add or change typing language in Lumia phones?

How to add or change typing language in Lumia phones?

Hi,

I am using a Lumia 620, bought it just two weeks ago. I have seen some users writing in language other than english, so i guess Lumia supports different writing languages, right? Is yes, i would like to add one language to my 620 keyboard. I search the settings for the same but didn't found the option to either change or add additional language. So i request somebody here to please let me know how do you actually change the writing language ONLY (not the entire phone language) in Lumia 620?

Thank you.

Re: How to add or change typing language in Lumia phones?

With Lumia phones, Nokia introduced a new feature where you can add extra writing language, just like windows. It is right there in the settings. You need to go through Phone Settings, tap on Keyboard and tap Add Keyboards. Now just select the languages you want to write in. If it is not available, phone will try to download it from cloud so make sure your phone is connected to internet.

Similarly if you want to remove any of the pre-installed language, just press and hold the language you don't want to use, and tap remove. Thats it. Let me know if you require anything else.

Re: How to add or change typing language in Lumia phones?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsGlenn View Post
    So i request somebody here to please let me know how do you actually change the writing language ONLY (not the entire phone language) in Lumia 620?
    You can only change the language if it is already installed in your phone. Here are two scenarios:

Changing Keyboard Language if it is pre-installed:

• Go to Phone settings > > Keyboard > Select all the languages you'd like to be able to use from your keyboard.
    • Now go to messages or mails wherever you want to use the language and you will find a new button just next to Space bar. This button let you know the current language set for typing. Tap the button to switch between all the languages you've selected.

Installing new Language Keyboard:

• Go to Settings > keyboard > Add keyboards.
    • Select the Check boxes of whichever language you want to install and tap on "Add"
    • Now dont do anything. Let the phone download the new language.
    • Once download is finished the phone will restart automatically
    • After the restart, the phone starts updating itself.
    • Now you can use your keyboard button next do Space bar to switch languages.