Thread: Not able to restore backup stock rom via Nandroid

Not able to restore backup stock rom via Nandroid

I am trying to restore my stock rom on Samsung Galaxy Y. I had used Nandroid to backup data. The backup was proper. But when I went ahead to restore the same it failed. It is not giving me any solution. I tried many ways but nothing is working. The restore process stuck in between and the phone does not turn on. Later on I re-install the custom rom. Is the backup corrupted.

Re: Not able to restore backup stock rom via Nandroid

It looks the image file which you had backup through the software is damage or corrupted. Due to which you are getting that error. Try some other tool that does the same kind of job and then check back. I think that will be more better.

The most common cause of this issue is damage file. There is no way to fix them. It is best to keep a backup ready for the same. If you are using Samsung Galaxy Y then you can find stock from the same easily. It is available on the web. With the help of ODIN you can install that in your system. This is the best way to run stock rom and make the phone restore back on its original settings. The process is quiet simple here. All you have do is download ODIN on your system. You must have Samsung usb drivers with it. Or else it might not work. The best way to get this drivers is by installing Samsung Kies. It offer you all updates instantly on your device. Download the stock rom and run it through ODIN. You will get your stock Os back with its original settings as it was before. Second thing if you go ahead with rooting process try to use multiple software for backup.

The most common cause of this issue is damage file. There is no way to fix them. It is best to keep a bacukp ready for the same. If you are using Samsung Galaxy Y then you can find stock from the same easily. It is available on the web. With the help of ODIN you can install that in your system. This is the best way to run stock rom and make the phone restore back on its original settings. The process is quiet simple here. All you have do is download ODIN on your system. You must have Samsung usb drivers with it. Or else it might not work. The best way to get this drivers is by installing Samsung Kies. It offer you all updates instantly on your device. Download the stock rom and run it through ODIN. You will get your stock Os back with its original settings as it was before. Second thing if you go ahead with rooting process try to use multiple software for bacukp.

I had gone with the same kind of issue due to a corrupt sd card. I was not happy with the custom rom. It was very slow. But as the sd card was damage restoration was not working. At last I restored things back through ODIN and it worked.

I am using Titanium pro and it looks to be working fine in terms of restore. Most of the time this kind of backup and restore process fails due to low memory space. So the first thing you must do is empty out the memory and then go ahead with backup stuff. Titanium backup has a option through which you can try to restore your phone back. It reads backup files created by Nandroid. So before deleting the same you can go ahead with running Titanium backup and then check the apps inside for restoration. This would work fine. I had tried this thing on my friends pc. I had manually restored some apps through the process and it worked. This is a manual process but really works and can help you to get back the type of resource you are looking for. But it can only work for apps. I am not sure about the other stuff. Like the phone settings, messages or contacts.

Try to find some separate tool for that. Which can allow you to open and see the internal content. I think through that you can restore important things like contacts or messages. That is the only way of getting your data back. Skip the apps and games.

There are some possible options available through which you can view all files in of Nandroid Backup on PC. You can use unyaffs software for that. This just allow you to see the files. You have to copy the backup file first. It is located inside Nandroid Backup folder under Image file. Copy that and save it on your desktop. You will have to download two files. The first is unyaffs.exe and the second one is cywin1.dll file. Keep this files in the same folder where you had kept the image file. You have to open a cmd in that folder. For that press shift and then right click. Type unyaffs and then the name of image file. You can then extract the content. There is no simple gui based tool available which can do this. You have to rely on this software only.

It is always good to maintain multiple copies of the image file. So if one is corrupted then you can go ahead with other one. I had tried that manual process but it is complicated to understand. If you have multiple copies then you replace the damage one and restore the phone.