Thread: WLAN connectivity app for Android

WLAN connectivity app for Android

I am looking for a simple wifi application that can allow me to connect my device automatically on different network. In my old phone which is Nokia E71 it has a WLAN scanner. Whenever I am in a network it connect my device with the kind of network and also it does not consume much battery. But now when I use the existing wifi manager of Android it consume more battery. I need a more portable and one which has advance features.

Re: WLAN connectivity app for Android

You just have to leave the wifi on. That's all. And add all the wifi details on your mobile phone. Next time when you are phone remains in the wifi range it is automatically connected. I do not think you really need a wifi manager for the same.

The internal utility in Android is very basic. There are some apps which can help you to manage the same. The one is Wifi Manager. This app allows you to configure and manage different networks. It is a free app. This app allows you to connect to a network instantly. It has a widget which you can hook on the home screen. You just have to tap on that and done. You can also switch to different set of networks through the app. Through single tap you can connect to multiple networks and enjoy a proper access point. The new version is more stable and improved. But I cannot guarantee you battery output. The app keeps on working on the background that might cause battery drain. It is a common problem. There is on more app which you can test. It is called as Wifi Analyzer. The app allows you the wifi strength to which you can connect and enjoy the connectivity.

Battery drain is a common issue with all wifi apps. You cannot do anything in that. Almost all kind of android phones are having problem with low battery due to so much features loaded in it. You must turn it off when not needed. And connected manually.