Thread: Lumia 520 Firmware updated but still no Amber features found

Lumia 520 Firmware updated but still no Amber features found

Hey guys, i have a small problem with my Lumia 520. After so many days of Amber release, finally i got a firmware update notification on my phone yesterday. I was happy to get the same. Allowed the update to download and install. The process took about 20 minutes to complete and rebooted. After reboot when i checked the phone, surprisingly i didn't noticed any change in the phone.

I remember i read somewhere that with Amber update we get few new features and apps like Data Sense, FM Radio, Double Tap, etc but unfortunately there is nothing on my phone. If it is because of some problem with the installation process then how can i re-install the firmware? By the way there wasn't any error, hence i dont think there was some problem.

Any idea what is wrong here?

Re: Lumia 520 Firmware updated but still no Amber features found

First if all there is no way to re-install the update on any phone. Secondly, i would like to know how you are so sure that it was Amber update itself? I'm asking this because although its been long time Amber started rolling out but still there are many region where the update haven't reached. But they keep getting other small maintenance updates. I guess this could be the scenario with you as well. You should wait for few more days or week, hopefully you will get the Amber soon. By the way can i know from which region you are?

I am not sure it was Amber update because in the notification there was not mentioned about the same. I just assumed that it could be Amber because that is the updated users are getting now a days. Even few of my friends using 620 and 820 got it. Hence I thought it could be Amber. May be it was maintenance update as you said. BTW, if it was not Amber, can you tell when is it going to hit my Lumia 520? I am from Bangladesh if that matters as you said updates are region based.

Quote Originally Posted by RituParan View Post
    BTW, if it was not Amber, can you tell when is it going to hit my Lumia 520? I am from Bangladesh if that matters as you said updates are region based.
    Hello RituParan, let me tell you that unfortunately the Amber update for Lumia 520 specifically in your country is yet stuck in approval along with 720. It is yet not released. You will should get soon though. Have a look at this image:

In future you can check the status of Amber for your phone from this link.