Thread: Caller name wont show up since Amber update on Lumia 720

Caller name wont show up since Amber update on Lumia 720

I am having a Lumia 720 from past couple of months. It was working great, no problem at all. About five days ago i received the recently released Amber update notification. Well i updated my phone to the latest firmware assuming it will bring some new feature and performance. I got the new features like double tap and all but a problem as well.

Since the update, whenever somebody calls me, phone displays only their numbers and not the name. I know this can happen if we have duplicate entries in contact list, but it is not. I have checked my address book properly, there is nothing like that. The person's number has just one entry in contact list but still their name wont appear. Any idea where is the problem and i how can i get rid of this? To me it seems like Amber itself is buggy.

Re: Caller name wont show up since Amber update on Lumia 720

Well even i'm a WP8 user and recently updated my phone to Amber, but i dont have any such problem with my caller ID.

What happens when you make out going calls? Does it displays the Name and Number both?

If still not, then just to test out, delete any one particular contact from your address book, save it again as a new contact and now check if the name is displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheravat View Post
    What happens when you make out going calls? Does it displays the Name and Number both?
    Nope, the name wont come up even while making outgoing calls, still it only shows the number.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheravat View Post
    If still not, then just to test out, delete any one particular contact from your address book, save it again as a new contact and now check if the name is displayed.
    Thanks but this also didn't made any change. I tried deleting and re-creating 5 contacts, but none of them display Name either on outgoing or incoming.

Any other help please?

You must be lucky guy !Ari ! as you are atleast able to see the number, mine is worst since updated to Amber. In my case, outgoing calls only display the number, no Name. But the worst part is when somebody calls me, it comes up as “Unknown”. There neither Name nor Number. So, if you missed a call, you never know who was trying to contact you because even if you go to call logs and try to redial that unknown number, it wont dials. The only option is to delete it. I struggled with this problem for two days and transferred my SIM card to another Android phone until it gets fixed. Hope, somebody can find out a working fix for the same.