Thread: Lumia 820 Notification to update Amber, but downloads wont starts

Lumia 820 Notification to update Amber, but downloads wont starts

I have been waiting for Amber update since its release couple of weeks ago for my Lumia 820. Finally i got the first notification two days ago to download and install Amber update. I was happy to get the same. But here is the problem. As soon as i click the notification, it takes me to download screen and then restarts within a minute. I'm sure the firmware cannot be downloaded so fast, right? After reboot i can see the phone still running Os 8.0.10328.78. Any idea why i am not able to download the Amber update even though the notification says? Is there any alternate way of getting the same?

Re: Lumia 820 Notification to update Amber, but downloads wont starts

Are you sure that was the Amber Update? Also from which region do you belong?

Until you reply, just try out the following. This could also be the reason of firmware download problems. Go to your phone's Setting. Open Date and Time and make sure that you have selected your region, date and time zone properly. This plays very important role while downloading anything from Microsoft devices because they are rolled out region specific.

Once you set with the proper region and time zone, go back to update screen and try to download. Hopefully it should work fine.

Hey guys, even i am having a similar problem with my Lumia phone. In my case, i received a firmware update (Not sure whether it was Amber or something else), i downloaded and installed. It took about an hour depending on my WIFi speed, installed fine but after reboot when i checked the OS version, it was same as before. Also i didn't got the new features which were supposed to be delivered with Amber like FM Radio and all. Also the update notification is no more there so that can i try a re-install.

Any suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by SinCara View Post
    In my case, i received a firmware update (Not sure whether it was Amber or something else), i downloaded and installed.

So you are not sure whether it was Amber. First of all there is no way to re-install the firmware over OTA but you can do that using the PC Suites. Secondly, Amber has started rolling out since couple of weeks but it has yet not reached several regions around the world. As you said you are not able to see the new apps and features of Amber, I guess it wasn’t the Amber updated, instead it could be small maintenance update.

To make sure Amber is available in your country, you can check out this Nokia’s Official Amber availability page that shows where the update is available and where it is still to reach.