Thread: How the Touch ID Sensor of iPhone 5S works

How the Touch ID Sensor of iPhone 5S works

I want to know how this Touch ID thing work. A new fingerprint scanner sensor is provided on iPhone 5S. Now this device looks a bit amazing to me. I had seen the demo video on web which looks good here. But does this is completely secure. Can anyone tell how this thing really works. The internal mechanism. It is really complicated to add this technology in a portable device.

Re: How the Touch ID Sensor of iPhone 5S works

There is no need to worry about the technology here. Fingerprint scanner is applied at the home screen which works really well and has no issue. A person can only bypass that if he has your fake fingerprints. Which is really not easy for everyone to find.

This new technology will really revolutionize mobile security. It is amazing to have a fingerprint scanner on a mobile device. This simply looks amazing. This thing is great and also faster. It scans your finger instantly and provide your access to home screen. Before people use a 4 digit pin code to access. It was more vulnerable. The new iPhone 5S is amazing in terms of security stuff. At a time you can store upto 5 fingerprints in the device. The phone once locked will be only open after having your fingerprint. And you have to take care about that. If you face any problem with your fingers this device is locked forever. Like rashes or cuts on your finger tips. The scanner might not be able to unlock. The universal unlocking procedure is to run full OS update. This will wipe out all the security stuff and make your device as it was bought. Like restoring the factory settings. The device can be unlocked by running a full factory restore through iTunes. So there is no dead end here and soon you will also get a manual way of overwriting the the existing OS replacing it with custom OS which will also wipe out the security.

That looks very complicated. But I never thought. Through iTunes we can simply reset the phone which will surely clear everything in it. So that is a bit safer option. I think there must be some kind of settings available in iPhone 5S like the recovery mode which we have in Android.

People are trying hard to bypass that. But the last video which I saw was via fake fingerprint. You need to be really expert for that. In Android I was using a pattern locker. I forgot the pattern due to which the phone was permanently locked. I restarted the phone in recovery mode and restore it to factory settings which worked. In iPhone this kind of things are removed. So that even if someone rob your phone he cannot do anything on that. But I am not sure about that iTunes restore settings. Will that really work. The phone works on unique TouchID and somehow it syncs with Apple I think. So whoever robs it will surely get caught easily. But that can be avoided by installing a custom OS which we add on Android devices. This thing is complicated on new iPhone.