Thread: Can cooler stand can help to reduce overheating in laptop

Naughty Can cooler stand can help to reduce overheating in laptop

It looks that the internal cooler of my laptop has stopped working. Before when I move hand over the left side towards the corner, I can feel hot air. But now there is nothing. When I start working my laptop works fine for some time. And then it turns off. This happen quiet frequently at the time of playing game. I am having a year old Toshiba laptop. I saw laptop cooler stands. Will this works.

Re: Can cooler stand can help to reduce overheating in laptop

I do not think so. You must carry the laptop to a repair center and get the fan replaced.You can damage your processor in that way. It is not so costly. And still if any warranty is left you will get the replacement for free.

Your system is getting off due to heat. Now to find whether the fan is working or not go in bios. You have to hit del or f12 key on the boot to enter it. In that there is a pc heath section which gives you a bit info about the existing fan. If the rpm there is low or completely off then the fan is failed. You can find out the the current temperature of your processor in the same place. You can also add cpu temperature application in your system. Just add it and then start some applications. Do not play game. See whether the temperature is rising or not. If yes then carrying the laptop to a service center is right. Do not try to build the same on your own. But if the temperature remains stable then there is some other issue. You have to confirm first whether the problem is associated with fan or not. Then only go for any repair stuff or your money will be wasted. Laptop does not has much space for ventilation. And fan inside them does not fail so fast. I am having a 4 year old laptop and it still looks to be working well. Laptop cooler is of no use here. They benefit only if the internal fan is working.

If you want to add the laptop cooler stand and play game, then it is not going to work. The best thing you must do is get the fan replaced instantly or due to heating any other component inside can get damage. So just replace the fan and then check back.