Thread: enable keyboard auto-complete suggestions in Galaxy Note 2

enable keyboard auto-complete suggestions in Galaxy Note 2

Hello,

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 from quite some time and I used to get the auto-complete suggestions in the Samsung keyboard when I used to type anything in either text messages or Whatsapp. I mean that whenever I used to type a message in a Whatsapp group, then a bar used to come at the top suggesting words that I wanted to input. But now this bar has disappeared completely and I dont know how did it get disabled? Can anyone tell me how do I enable this option again? Thanks

Re: enable keyboard auto-complete suggestions in Galaxy Note 2

On your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 you will need to go to Settings and then scroll down and go to Language and Input > Samsung Keyboard and then tap on the Start-shaped icon. After that you will need to activate the Predictive Text mode to predict the words that will show on your input and also show word suggestions. If you want you can also customize it with word prediction settings.

When I checked in the Language and Input settings then I noticed that the Predictive Text mode was already activated but still I was not getting the word suggestions either in Whatsapp or Text Messaging. Prior to this it was working and I have only updated the Samsung Market in between. Seems like there is some sort of glitch or bug after updating the Samsung Market that has occured.

Yes, it definitely seems like a bug that has happened and many users are facing this issue. I guess Samsung needs to address this issue and follow it by releasing a patch to fix it. Till the time being you can install another free keyboard for your Galaxy Note 2 called Adaptxt. Just install it and when you go to Whatsapp or Text Messaging, simply tap on the text area and then in the background a small icon of keyboard will be listed in the notification area, just open the notification area and then tap on the keyboard icon and then select Adaptxt. Now again go to Language and Input > tick mark Adaptxt and then tap on the Star-shaped icon > Advanced Settings > tick mark Auto correction or every option if you would like.