Thread: How to use a Android Smartphone as a Scanner

How to use a Android Smartphone as a Scanner

I have a Android phone from LAVA that has a 8MP camera. Now I want to use this like a scanner. The phone quality on the device is simply amazing. I need some app through which I can get scanner kind of benefits from the device. I am unable to find out any good solution for the same. When I search on Google play I can only found apps associated with bar code scanner. Is there a good document scanner type of thing available.

Re: How to use a Android Smartphone as a Scanner

The best thing you can do is just take the picture of the document. That is quiet enough. Save it in your pc and done. Now need to scan stuff. I always do this kind of things. Carrying a smartphone is very handy sometime.

You can try a free app called as CamScanner -Phone PDF Creator. This free app is just amazing offering a simple way of creating scanned document and then having a pdf file from it. You can either send that directly through Bluetooth or attach in a email. This app works fine and has a fast way of converting images to pdf file. Now scanner here does not mean that you can get a scanner type of quality. It works through the camera and you have to keep your hand stable to capture photos. It is also comes with a document management feature. So that you are not confused with increasing number of files in your system. Another app which works in the same manner is CamScannerHD. This app comes loaded with fax features also. You can install fax the document.This is also free. You can do a number of things in this app. Like you can improve a image quality, you can crop a page, create pdf, add page from camera or phone gallery, etc. This is very helpful for those who have to constantly share files among different users. The app supports Google Cloud Print also. I find it more beneficial compare to others.

Scanner app allows you to get images transformed into pdf files. You can just create them instantly and share. Now sometime while using a mobile phone the image is not proper. The alignment is a big issue here. You can go for a handy scanner.