Thread: Alienware 17 Gaming Notebook vs Alienware 18

Alienware 17 Gaming Notebook vs Alienware 18

Recently Dell came up with new gaming netbook models. Among which the first one was Alienware 17 which is quiet amazing. But just after a few days later I found a news on Alienware 18. I am trying to find out the difference among this two models. The price changes and many more stuff. I always trust Alienware in terms of gaming notebooks which are really amazing. But they are far more costlier compare to others.

Re: Alienware 17 Gaming Notebook vs Alienware 18

That is because they are brands and they are offering you the best notebook in the market. Alienware 17 is amazing. I really liked the hardware config they are offering. Alienware 18 is a higher model which has similar specs but a bit better.

There is a huge difference in price and specification. Also they different in design. I can give you a proper comparison output here. Alienware 17 is a gaming notebook while Alienware 18 is for extreme gamers. It only comes with 4th generation Intel Core i7 processor which is not bad rightnow. This is the latest and costliest processor available. In Alienware 17 also you will get the same cpu. But in Alienware 18 you have choice to go for Core i7-4900MQ that is capable of offering you 4Ghz of processing power. Alienware 18 gives you three models at different ranges. Most of the things look intact to me. Like the memory. In both models you have choices to choose from 8GB or 16GB ram. Hard drive lies around 750GB. Only in the highest model of Alienware 18 you have choice to add 64GB SSD also. For gpu also things lies the same. The entire series looks amazing. If you need a good gaming notebook then it is not bad to go for Alienware 17. Because it is amazing in terms of specs and available in India. While Alienware 18 is available in the international market which will hype up more price in terms of shipping.

Well that is a very costly model. While if you go for some other brand like Samsung, you can buy a product which is 50% cheaper. I do not think there is someone you need such a costly model. It looks good for overclocking purpose.