Thread: 64bit mobile phones other than iPhone

64bit mobile phones other than iPhone

Is there any other manufacturer in the market which is planing to release the next 64bit mobile phone. I was checking out the review of iPhone where I found this is the first device to have a 64bit architecture. This is really amazing. This new x64 design will make it a far more powerful device compare to any other. Does Samsung has any news on it. I think whatever devices which are released recently are 32bit.

Re: 64bit mobile phones other than iPhone

Nope no one is going for a 64bit device. All are 32bit. This is the first time iPhone stand ahead in the race of performance. Obviously the output will be more enhanced here. But soon we can expect new devices.

There is no news on that. Companies look more engaged with releasing a big size phone and advance options. There is nothing special. I had seen many manufacturer following a common league of providing products. Now leaving brands aside like Samsung or Sony other manufacturer emphasis more on the hardware. They load the device with stock os and offer you a number of similar things. 64bit is just started but Apple. This devices are capable of giving out smooth performance and long lasting output. But I think this is not going to help so much. For 64bit upgrade other devices have to wait for sometime. Apple design everything on its own. So that is the reason they are able to deliver rich quality products. But when we talk about other brands there are tons of loopholes. You cannot expect another high end devices from different manufacturer. Very few of them hardly work on the innovative way of delivering a rich product.

I do not think Samsung is going to go for a 64bit mobile phone. New architecture will cost them more and it will in return hike the price of device. I think still the regular 32bit device is quiet more than enough.

There is no great difference in the performance. There can be hike of 20 to 30% only. The benefit of having a 64bit architecture is that you can get more hardware limit on that. But Apple does not seems to be increasing the ram here. iPhone 5S is designed to work with a new high performance chip which enhanced the smartphones performance making it more unique and great in terms of usage. Now if this can be available on Android platform then it is far more better. Because I think on Android you can take the complete benefit of high end hardware support and enjoy great processing power. Work like uploading, archiving, etc are some of the vital things that are not so easy on a mobile phone. But still that can be done if it has a good cpu. On a tablet the same 64bit architecture is capable of delivering great benefits.

It looks like a kind of marketing concept to me. I do not think there is any actual benefit of having a 64bit hardware support on a portable device. What more you can do on it. You will just play games. It is better to get more budget devices instead of costly.