Thread: Can a news reader app can predict what I want to read

Can a news reader app can predict what I want to read

Does a news reader application can predict your reading. I had seen certain apps like Flipboard are capable of doing that. They do not really predict they just sort out the news in terms of categories. And when you out searching for new stuff you get listed of similar news. I am looking for a more intact application that can predict the type of news I want. I like love to read sports news, but sometime there is a mixture of fashion and lifestyle also.

Re: Can a news reader app can predict what I want to read

This apps are designed to identify your reading habits. Very few of them can give you intact solution. While other all are simply just work on assumption. The more you search the type of news the more associated news you are going to get.

There are certain filters in this applications that you can use. I do not think all of them comes with filters, but some of them are. First of all I am not really satisfied with this any news app. Ample of them are buggy and slow. There is nothing much you can do in that. Flipboard is just an reading app that allow you to get extract from various digital magazine and news appear. You can later on stick with the same and move ahead with more similar information.One thing you can do is stick with RSS. This is an age old method but still every effective. Now every digital newspaper or magazine comes with rss based on different category. You can subscribe for a that only. No need to get everything. There is one app that I can suggest you which can provide you a more appropriate solution. It is called as Feedly.The application comes with a customizable interface. It allow you to choose the type of feed you want and it is very easy to use. I will not say it offer you a advance set of options to receive updates, but to some extent you can enjoy free news reading on it. Feedly is a new app and has a more impressive user interface. You get app listing and sometime you also get a thumbnail view of news in it. There are set of filters already in it and you can view news based on that.

I still use Google Reader. I am yet not able to find any application that has a prediction type of capability. This are apps which are designed with categories stored in them and they capture news articles through urls. So how can they predict what you are willing to read.