Thread: Bluetooth headphone disconnects while playing music on Lumia 720

Bluetooth headphone disconnects while playing music on Lumia 720

I am having a Lumia 720 and a Samsung Bluetooth headset. I'm facing a very strange problem, tried a lot to figure it out but not successful. As this phone is having bluetooth capability, i connected the phone with headphone over bluetooth without any issue. I can talk and listen with phone calls, even it works with any skype and other voice/video apps. So far so good. But when i play music on my phone, the sound goes to the phone's speaker instead of coming to the headphone. I'm confused because if rest of the sound works good with the headphone then why music player wont get to the headphone? How can i fix this problem? Please help.

Re: Bluetooth headphone disconnects while playing music on Lumia 720

It is not a strange issue with Lumia users. There are even few 920 users who have already reported this on Nokia forums. It is a kind of bug where the bluetooth headphones work good with calls and other functions but not while playing music. There need to work on this

Well I don’t have Lumia, neither have ever used hence don’t have personal experience with the same but as far as I know about the Bluetooth functionalities, when we connect Bluetooth speakers or headphone and play the music, we get an option right in the music player or in the notification bar that allow us to switch between Bluetooth or the Device. Don’t you guys get any such option on Lumia?

Hey, even I have a lumia but I didn’t noticed any such problem. I listen my songs fine on my BT headphone.

But as you guys are saying the problem exists, just try out a small troubleshooting and see if it helps. Unpair the Bluetooth devices, in fact delete the devices from your phone’s Bluetooth pairing list. Restart both headphone and handset. Turn on Bluetooth and try pairing them again. Now see if it is able to play the music.

If still not, then I strongly suspect your bluetooth headphone is not compatible with your Lumia Models. You should always ask the nokia guys about compatible accessories and then buy.

Seems like Amazon haven’t updated their Drive for Windows 8. Hence I would suggest you to just try running Program Compatibility Troubleshooter and see if it make some change. Bring up the charms bar and type Program Compatibility Troubleshooter in search box. Click Settings, and then tapping or clicking Run programs made for previous versions of Windows. Now follow the on screen instructions. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    If still not, then I strongly suspect your bluetooth headphone is not compatible with your Lumia Models. You should always ask the nokia guys about compatible accessories and then buy.
    I think you are correct. As I have try everything but still the problem exists, it could be because of the incompatibility. I’ll probably buy a new Nokia branded headphone tomorrow. Thanks by the way.