Thread: Android security application that consume less battery

Android security application that consume less battery

Malware is a common problem on Android phone which makes it slow. I need some good security app that does not eat up my battery. I had used some but after that I found that my phone's battery performance is affected and there nothing I can do. After removing them the phone remains unsecure. There are ample of bugs in various free application which cause issue after not having a security app. I need a powerful security app which can work fine and does not each much battery.

Re: Android security application that consume less battery

The battery consumption is high due to real-time scanning. Also the apps keep on fetching new updates through which they can catch malware. I think most of them work in the same way. Try to use different set of apps and the one which you find good keep it.

I can list you two antivirus which I am using in my tablet pc. The first is AVG which I started using for the first time. When I purchased android tablet I was not concerned with security stuff. I never though there can be malware in this device also. But later I started making banking transaction. Many said to me to add a good antivirus that can keep the tablet secure and block unwanted access. So I started with AVG. It is free and looks to be working fine. After using it I do not think it has any impact on the system battery. It is an updated antivirus. But sometime my tablet performance is affected. At the time of scanning background applications were very slow. The app page also lags. I used it for around 6 months then skipped on Avast. This is the best one according to me. It has a nice interface and I found it a bit lighter compare to AVG. It works fine in the background giving out popup if any unwanted threat is detected. Most of this antivirus requires internet access to catch virus. They download new virus definition. So it is necessary that you must update it a regular time interval. Or else it gets less effective.

I am also having Avast Mobile Security and Antivirus. It is really awesome. The security app comes with privacy report that gives you information on various applications in your device who are accessing internet. Through which we can find suspicious app and remove them.

Well if you go on Google play you can find ample of antivirus. You can download the best among them and install this in your pc. It works fine and has no issue with the output. Now battery draining is common. The more applications you install the more slower will your device and battery consumption will also remain higher. I am using Android Antivirus. It looks lightweight in usage. It has a simple interface with minimum options. It is free and you can download it from Google Play. This antivirus is not loaded with any additional flashy stuff. It just provide you a easy way of protecting your device. It is great for smartphone that come with low memory. I am using this from long time and yet not received any issue on performance or battery. There can be some other applications also in your device which are eating up the battery. You will have to remove them. You can find that in Application manager. Mostly games download fresh updates and cause slow output issue. So the best thing to do is download a automatic task killer. Schedule it at a regular time interval. It will kill the background applications.

Try Line antivirus. I had installed this recently and looks to be working fine. Yet I had not found any detection. The antivirus works nicely with low impact on the system memory. Right-now I cannot say anything about the battery impact.

There are a few set of antivirus which are extremely light on the battery. They are Sophos, Trend Micro, Web Root and Quickheal. All this are really awesome. I had not tested everyone. But among all Web Root looks to be more lighter. Trend Micro is capable of giving you more protection. And Quickheal is having great UI. Web Root looks more effective. I had this in my tablet. The antivirus has a very basic interface. It has a single scan button that checks out application loaded in the system memory and scans them. It blocks if any suspicious activities are found. Another great feature is that whenever there is any kind of threat it gives out you a virus warning. This antivirus is great enough to block any security threat offering you great options to deal with various issues. Additional feature you will get in this antivirus is device lock, device wipe, device scream, device locate, sim card lock, spam blocker, virus blocker, etc. You just have to add the device on your Web root account and you can locate it if it is lost. You can also run a remote wipe process to wipe out all the data and clean it completely.

I am using the free edition of Bitdefender. This antivirus is really cool. I am not having any battery issue on HTC One. You can run the scan and keep the app running in the background. I think this is more secure.