Thread: Lumia wont allow me to set ringtone from music app

Lumia wont allow me to set ringtone from music app

I just switched from Android to Windows phone 8. Lumia 620 is my first ever WP8 device hence i am still learning its functions and all. But in Android and Nokia, i was able to set ringtone by easily by playing any music from Music player, going to options and set as ring tone. But in this phone, seems like there is no option. Whomever i asked, they said that i will need to do it using the Windows Phone App from PC. Is that correct? can't we set any song from music player? If yes, than i made a mistake buying lumia as every time i need to change ringtone, i need to carry my laptop along.

Re: Lumia wont allow me to set ringtone from music app

You can call it a limitation or the way Windows Phone 8 operating system is designed. It wont allow you to set Ringtones from the Music Folder. In order to set ringtones, you need to put the music file in the Ringtone folder of the phone which will be visible when you connect the phone to PC using File Explorer.

After putting the file in that folder, disconnect the phone from computer, go to your phone's Settings > Ringtones + sounds > Ringtone and select the one you want to keep. You can put as many ringtone files as you want in this folder and keep them changing on the go.

Re: Lumia wont allow me to set ringtone from music app

Even I am disappointed with this limitation. Even though we have a particular song in Music folder, we need to again put it in Ringtone’s folder if we want to set it as ringtone.

I wish some developer should make a music player which can offer us the same accessibility like Android Music players which allow us to set as ringtone directly from the music player.