Thread: Camera app stopped working on Samsung Windows Phone 8 after update

Camera app stopped working on Samsung Windows Phone 8 after update

I'm having Samsung Ativ windows phone 8 smartphone since past 6 to 7 months. Everything was working great without any issue. Recently i received some update on my phone, i simply clicked Ok and allowed to install. My problem started here. Since update though i found some improvement in the performance and new features, my camera stopped working completely. No matter how many times i try tapping the launch icon, it just wont open. Also i tried using camera with skype but it wont open there also. Is there any way i can uninstall the update and revert back to earlier state.

Re: Camera app stopped working on Samsung Windows Phone 8 after update

One of my friend have been through exact problem on Samsung phone (i dont remember the exact phone model, but it was WP8). The only difference was the problem started suddenly, i didn't updated the phone. We tried several things like and got it fixed. Only problem is we didn't know what exactly from so many troubleshooting fixed the problem. But what we suspect was creating the problem is Skype.

The reason behind this is the day problem started, last thing he installed on his phone was skype. Also while troubleshooting we removed skype and found the camera app working again. So, hope you know what you need to do. Just try uninstalling Skype, reboot the phone and see if the camera starts working again.

I appreciate your help Ashlee but that didn't helped in anyway. Infact, i already tried uninstalling Skype before you posted here on suggestion of my friend. He also told me to disabling all connectivity options and see if camera works. Well, i out the phone in airplane mode but the problem remained as it is. No help.

Isn't there any working solution for this?

As you said the problem started after updating the phone, it means it is a software problem. Is it is so, then factory reset should surely fix the camera problem. Just try to do the same. Go to Settings and restore the phone to factory settings. It will take about 20 minutes, keep patience. See if it works.

And it doesn’t fixes yet, then you have no choice rather than taking it to Samsung Service Center. If it is under warranty, they will either fix it or you will get a replacement