Thread: Lumia Cinemagraph not saving animated images any more

Lumia Cinemagraph not saving animated images any more

I am using Lumia 920 since long time and was happy with all its camera features. The best i loved was Cinemagraph allowing me to capture animated images of my colleagues. Now its been a long time i never updated any of the applications of firmware on this phone. Couple of days ago, when i came home after a long trip finally i thought to update everything. Except the new Amber update, i updated everything including camera applications.

Now my Cinemagraph is running with version 3.5. Surprisingly, when i capture the animation works great but when i save the images, instead of saving them in .gif, it saves them as .jpg. I tried restarting the phone several times but nothing changed. Is anyone else facing this problem with the new version of cinemagraph? How can i fix this? Is there any way i can uninstall this application and re-install? Please help.

Re: Lumia Cinemagraph not saving animated images any more

You can simply try out re-installing the application. There are possibilities that software may stop working or starts behaving weird after updates, we have seen this on Windows PCs as well. But re-installation fixes the same.

Just go to Windows Store, download Cinemagraph and install. You can download it from here : Download Cinemagraph.

Hey guys, i have a similar problem. Even my cinemagraphy was not able to save gif images after the update. Somebody suggested me to re-install the application, just like santy above. What i did is uninstalled the Cinemagraph from the system first and then went to store for downloading. Surprisingly, now the application says that my Device is not compatible for the same. How is it possible? I have downloaded it once from the store on this same phone. Any help please

Quote Originally Posted by Dëfrim View Post
    Surprisingly, now the application says that my Device is not compatible for the same.
    First of all you haven’t mentioned what is the Lumia Model you are using? How can I say if the app is really available for your device.

Anyways, as you say you have downloaded it once on your phone, just go to Windows Store on your computer, you can access it at windowsphone.com. Sign in with your login credentials, mouse hower on your name which bring a drop down. Here click on Purchase history. You will find the app listed here if you have downloaded it earlier on your phone. Simply click the Cinemagraph and click Install. Hopefully it should start installing. Make sure that you have the same live ID logged in on you lumia phone as well.

If the store is saying that the app is not available for your phone after un-installation, simply restart the phone once and then try again. It will work fine.
    Yeah, I have experienced it personally.