Thread: Configure FTP Transfer on Nokia E71

Configure FTP Transfer on Nokia E71

Unlike Android what apps is available for a Nokia device to configure ftp on it. I am unable to find anything here. I am having a Nokia E71 mobile phone. To transfer each time I have to connect it to the pc via cable. Now I lost the cable. I need a application that can provide me some kind of ip address of shared drive through which I can copy paste data in this. I had seen the same on Android phones.

Re: Configure FTP Transfer on Nokia E71

I do not think there is any app available for symbian phones. You can download a bluetooth transfer app, but pc I had not seen anything. Even I am looking for a cables transfer kind of stuff for my device also. I hope there would be something.

There are certain but it is really complicated to configure. In android you can use a third party application which is more easier to manager. But in Nokia you will require to do a number of settings. Like the first thing you have to do is get rid of those certificate errors. I had tired some apps but it failed to install because of those certificate error. I also changed the data but still it is not working. I can list you some applications which you can try out. This all ftp apps. I am unable to find the download. First you try to find download for sypFTP. This allows you to create a ftp server which easy access. Written on python it might work well and allow you cross platform support. The second one is more better here. It is called as SymFTP. This is available for S60 edition. Now this is a paid tool. You will have to buy it. The cost is around Rs.20. It allow you to get your mobile access with the help of simple ip address. It is one of the best tools I had seen. The cost of this device is Rs.20. So that is not really costly. You can buy the same and test out. It is available on Ovi store. Most of the ftp server allows access to the phones internal storage. I am not sure about the memory card here.

There is one app you can try from ovi store. It is SymFTP FTP Server Trial. But I am doubtful whether it is available for Nokia E71 or not. Just checkout and see that you are getting the download or not.