Thread: Lumia 920 wont connect to Win 8.1 running Surface Tablet

Lumia 920 wont connect to Win 8.1 running Surface Tablet

To be frank i am a huge fan of Microsoft products since several years. The gadgets i have with me includes Windows, Surface Tablet and a Lumia 920 which is also running WP8. My computer is still running Windows 8, haven't upgraded it to 8.1. However i upgraded my Surface tab to Windows 8.1 for testing purpose and it seems good. But as the OS is still under development, it is obvious to have some bug. Anyways, here is a problem which i am not able to solve even after lots of effort.

I was earlier able to connect my Lumia directly to the Surface using Windows Phone App to transfer files or sync my contents. But now as my title says, since i upgraded to 8.1 Preview it wont get connected to the tab anymore. Every time i try, it shows installing driver but ends up with an error. I have no idea what to do. Hope anyone of you guys can help me out with this. Many thanks.

Re: Lumia 920 wont connect to Win 8.1 running Surface Tablet

We didn't had drivers problem with Windows 7 and Windows 8, they used to take the drivers automatically for all hardwares after installation but that is not the case with Windows 8.1 Preview. When we upgrade to 8.1, it uninstalls all drivers as well as many applications from the system. Hence you manually need to download and install them again. SO what i mean to say is you need to uninstall the existing windows app, delete all its folders and file, remove all traces. Restart the computer and re-install it again. While installing Windows App it will install all required drivers as well .

Quote Originally Posted by teenQ View Post
    SO what i mean to say is you need to uninstall the existing windows app, delete all its folders and file, remove all traces. Restart the computer and re-install it again. While installing Windows App it will install all required drivers as well .
    Thanks for your help attempt buddy, but that didn't helped either. Still the same problem. Any other workaround please?

I am using my Lumia 820 without any problems on recently updated Windows 8.1 Preview desktop. I don’t think there is any problem of compatibility between the phone or operating system. There should be something else. The best I can suggest you is simply perform “System Refresh”. This will just uninstall all third party apps without hampering pre-installed applications and your personal settings. But this is very helpful in fixing these problems. Just give it a try. You can find it in PC Settings.

Finally I got my Lumia work on 8.1 Preview. Help appreciated guys. System Refresh really helped.