Thread: Running android games on pc via emulator

Running android games on pc via emulator

Does emulator works well on PC. I am looking for a good emulator which is capable of offering me a proper performance on playing android games. In some articles I had seen that for running this emulators you require a good graphic memory. Or else it does not work fine. There can be performance issue in it. Can anyone provide me some better emulator other than Bluestack. I had used this already and it is too resource hungry.

Re: Running android games on pc via emulator

I had tested blue stack long before. I thought this might work fine but somehow it freezes my system a lot. There is no emulator available which might work well on pc. Whatever you find or web are just useless.

It is a complicated procedure. Some emulator might work but some will give you hard time to run the setup. Another issue lies with using of wifi on android. Because it has no support for using a pc wifi or lan chip due to lack of drivers. The best thing you can do is simply go with a ready to emulator package like bluestack. One more similar to this is Manymo. Through which you can run different android applications on your pc itself under windows environment. All games and apps will not work because the issue lie with control. Now you can test out Manymo. Depending on your screen resolution it works fine. I had seen that this is mostly a web based emulator. That means there is nothing to install and it also works fine. But limited only. Good for those who only want to test out how android works. It is not free. You will require to buy it and then only you can run that on your pc. Compare to which you can use Bluestack which remains the only free solution here. Till yet there are no proper emulators available. Whatever you get will slow down your pc. The best thing you can do is get a good tablet if you want to play games.

I had tested a number of tools which promise to run android games on pc. But they are just waste of time. Android is a different os and to run that on Windows you require a proper tool. Till yet no one has worked on it.

On web there are some tools. The only issue is that you will need to download and test it. Ample of them are just for testing purpose. I am testing one which is called as Genymotion. Now this is just for developers. There is nothing much you can do in this. There are some more which you can test out. Compare to all other I think Bluestack is the best one here. It is easy to install and offer you a nice virtual environment. The only thing you need is a good system. That means a good processor that supports virtualization, graphic card and ample of ram to run the same. You can also go with virtual box setup here. Android is available for x86 architecture. You can download the latest edition and simply run it on your pc with the help of a virtual box. That is also safer and easy. Because if you do not need the same you can just remove it.