Thread: How to connect external hard drive t iPad

How to connect external hard drive t iPad

How to connect a usb or a external hard drive to an ipad. I am unable to find anything. My friend is using his 32Gb usb directly on his android tablet. Where it works fine and showed up as extended storage. But in iPad I am unable to find any solution. Is there any adapter available for that which I can buy and connect the same directly to my tablet. Is it battery consuming.

Re: How to connect external hard drive t iPad

For iPhone I had seen a cable called as Apple lightning usb cable. It can be used to connect a usb device to the phone directly. I am not really sure how it works, but you can find that on ebay on other shopping website.

Search for iPad Card Reader & USB Hub Kit. This is nice portable device that offers you multiple connectivity solution. You can connected it to your iPad directly and use it for usb, external hard drive, memory card and camera card. It comes for Rs.1100. I think this one will work with your iPad and is also quiet easy to use. At a time it is recommended that you must use a single device. Because the more you use the faster your battery will drain out. It is actually a hub type device. Where you can connect multiple devices. Another thing you can do is share the drive on wifi. Then access it from your ipad. There are ample of tools available for that process. I had shared my movies and game folder on wifi which is accessible in my android pc through ES Explorer. There must be similar app available for iOS devices also. I think Airplay will be one of the best solution. There various adapter available. Some are for direct use. Just search iPad camera connection kit on Google and you will find respective adapters.

You can buy iPad usb connection cable. It is not costly and available on many onlien shopping site. This cable offer you a single usb port from where you can access content stored in the pen drive.