Thread: Samsung Galaxy S4 Screen Capture wont work

Samsung Galaxy S4 Screen Capture wont work

I recently got Galaxy S4 phone, this is the best so far i have seen in Samsung smartphones list. The phone is amazing and working great but i have a problem. I have to capture few screenshots on this phone but seems like my device is missing this ability. Earlier i was with Galaxy S3 and it use to capture the screenshot properly by pressing volume down and power key but with S4 it doesn't seems to be working. Is there any other key combination in this phone for capturing or the device is faulty? Please help.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Screen Capture wont work

Dude, key combinations for capturing screenshot in Android 4.2 based devices have been changed. It is same in all devices running 4.2 JellyBean, no matter if it is Samsung or Micromax.

You just need press Volume down + Power key together for about a second. Screen will be captured without any requirement of third party app.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckett View Post
    You just need press Volume down + Power key together for about a second. Screen will be captured without any requirement of third party app.
    If you had read my post properly, you will see that i have written the same thing. Have a look:

Quote Originally Posted by KevinKetan View Post
    Earlier i was with Galaxy S3 and it use to capture the screenshot properly by pressing volume down and power key but with S4 it doesn't seems to be working.
    What now?

I too have S4 devices (S4 and S4 Active), but I didn’t noticed any such problem. Infact I am able to capture screenshots on both devices using the same buttons, Volume Down + Power Key. Did you made any changes in the key customization? Better you should try resetting the device to factory settings. I know this should be the last solution but if you will go to find out the cause of this small issue, it will take you months. Better perform a soft reset.

Hello KevinKetan,

Hope you know that you need to keep the buttons pressed together for atleast 2 to 3 seconds to capture the screen. I have seen most people just press and leave, that’s wrong. Keep it pressed and let the device understand that you commanding it to capture the screen.