Thread: Portable scanner for scanning A4 size paper

Portable scanner for scanning A4 size paper

Which is better to buy. A portable scanner or a full size one. I need scanner frequently to scan some pages and visiting card. I had seen portable scanners on web. Some of them are only meant for scanning visiting card. I need one which can be small in size and as well which can allow me to scan a full size paper also. Compare to the full size, portables are really costly. But due to small size they are easy to carry.

Re: Portable scanner for scanning A4 size paper

Go for Portronics Scanny 5 Portable Scanner. This is nice portable scanner which has a stick kind of shape. And it offer support A4 paper size. So this is simply great to use and has a very simple operation. Just check out the review to get more details on the same.

There are ample of brands available online under portable scanning. Most of them will cost you above Rs.5000. Portable scanner are not full fledged scanners but they can give you instant solution to scan files at a good quality. Another issue lies with them is to find a proper surface for scanning purpose. Checkout Avision Handy Document Scanner. Now this scanner is bit better. It is more functional and better. It offers you two way scanning process. In first one it has a automated document feeder which is for photos. You just have to insert the photos and it will scan them and put the copy in the memory card. While the second way of scanning is moving the scanner over a page properly. It has a correction technology which fixes the image and give you more proper output. It has a small lcd on the top side that gives preview of scanned images. This is very easy to use scanner and is really small in size. You will not face any problem while using it. It offers you upto 600dpi resolution to get crisp and clear photos. For storage you have to insert a microsd card on the same. I found this really better compare to other scanners.

The best thing you can do is buy a good smartphone and click photos through it. Smartphone with good camera resolution will give you a much more clear image which you can share instantly with others.

I will suggest you two best models in terms of portable scanning. Both are loaded with automated document feeder. The first one is Plustek MobileOffice S400 which comes for Rs.4600. This is a affordable model that has a document feeder. In other scanner you have to move it on the page while in this you have to insert the document and it will scan it. This gives you a more stable image compare to other. Due to portable size it fits well in your bag. The paper just passes from the center part of scanner. So there is no need to hold it. You can scan visiting cards also on it. The second one is Hp Scanjet Professional 1000 Mobile Scanner which comes for Rs.9000. This is a bit costly but designed for professional usage. It offers you upto 600dpi resolution and also has document feeder. Both scanners provide you a single sheet feeder. Compare to others when you use this one the document image is more stable here. Because in other you have to move the scanner manually from top to bottom to get a clear scan file. If you find HP costly then you can choose the other one. Both of them have almost similar features, but HP is designed for professional usage.