Thread: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Screen freezes

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Screen freezes

I recently got a new Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Tablet from my sister as my birthday present. I have noticed that if I am using the tablet for more than 1-2 hours continuously then its screen will start to freeze for 1-2 seconds. Like if I am trying to scroll from one page to another then it will not move at all. I have just installed few games on this tablet and nothing else? What could be the issue?

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Screen freezes

Yes, most of the users were facing this freezing problem on their Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 even after installing the upadated version of the firmware. Even if you exchange it and get a new one then it is possible that this problem might still be there in the new tablet. The only solution is to wait and let Samsung release a patch to fix this freezing issue.

It looks to be a problem with the capacitive touch that is freezing frequently. Can you check by using the Spen and see if the tablet is freezing or not. If scrolling your finger on the tablet is making the tablet to freeze and switching to the Spen if it is working then there is definitely an issue with the capacitive part of the screen.

Well, you can try to contact Samsung Tech Support and ask them about this issue. Or else if you have updated to the latest version of the firmware then try to downgrade from one below and check if that works for you. The problem might be happening due to a bug in the latest firmware and unless Samsung releases a new patch to fix this issue, its better to use the old firmware which is working fine.

I had the identical problem with a new Note 8 and with it's replacement. The culprit was its case: the magnet is too strong and crashes the screen when the upper flap is folded back. The case wasn't a genuine Samsung Book Cover but a cheaper one. I now have the real thing and everything's fine.