Thread: Usb sync tool to backup photos

Usb sync tool to backup photos

I want a software that can simply help me auto backup my photos. I am need a portable application which can do this. I do not want to keep it installing on my system. I just want that wherever I copy my photos the must be copied automatically in my usb drive. And I will use the usb only to view them. I do not want to copy them at different places.

Re: Usb sync tool to backup photos

There is no application available that can automatically copy the photos in your pen drive. You have to do that manually. But you can setup a sync app which will simply add new data in the pen drive.

The best thing you can do is use a Google Drive. Copy the folder in your USB or on keep it on the desktop. All photos which you copy will remain on your gmail account. You can access them whenever you want. If you keep them in your usb then there are chances of loosing them. So the best thing you can do is simply upload them on Gmail. Another best way of having them online is uploading them via Picasa. You can create your online Picasa web album. The desktop based software is a viewer plus uploader. You can keep the sharing settings limited or locked so that only those can view who are provided the access. For usb sync you will have to install the application in all system where you will connect the pen drive. It works fine only on a single pc. Always Sync is one app among them. Which works fine in terms of sync. I had seen that WD offers you a ready to use sync app which works from the pen drive and provide you simple sync option. I am not sure about others here.

Copy them manually. What is the user of auto copy here. In that there are chances that you might miss any photo. So the best thing is that you can simply go with a manual copy paste option which works better.

Try SyncBee USB tool. This software is simply great enough for those who wants a usb sync solution. It is very simple to use and has limited features only. Under portable apps you can find a number of applications that can help you to perform different action from usb directly. SyncBee USB is just a simple one here. You have to just provide the information of folders you want to sync. So when you connect the usb it copies the files properly on its own. Compare to others I think the most simplest one is Allway sync. It has a simple interface where at the one side you have to add the source and on the other lies the destination. Sync is done automatically. If you do not like Allway Sync then you can go for USBFlashCopy. Being a portable app it gives simple backup solution and it works in the background.