Thread: Nexus 7 always disconnects from WiFi

Nexus 7 always disconnects from WiFi

I bought the new Nexus 7 (the model launched recently) tablet last week. Did all my required settings, installed the applications i want, it worked great so far but since yesterday morning i am facing a problem with this. When i connect it to my home wireless network, It works fine for few minutes but then starts disconnecting on its own.

There are few more laptops and smartphones connected to the same router but they never faced any problem. Its only my Nexus 7 disconnecting. Many times before disconnecting the signal becomes very weak, lets say about 2 stars and then disconnects. Any idea what could be the problem? Please help.

Re: Nexus 7 always disconnects from WiFi

I too have the new Nexus 7 tablet connected to my home network but it never disconnects for a minute. Infact i keep it connected 24x7. i dont have problem with the WiFi connection. Probably there would be some settings problem on your device. You should check them all. The very first thing you should check out is whether NFC is On. If it is on, turn it off and always ON it when it is required. Keeping it on may cause the problem with wifi reception. Secondly just forget the wifi network on your tablet from wifi settings and try re-connecting it again. See if it works good.

Help appreciated Laboni but that doesn’t makes any difference. My NFC was already turned off, also I have already tried disconnecting and reconnecting the network several times, but it still keeps on disconnecting.

Any other help please?

I can suggest you just two things because this is what I use to do with all my devices facing wifi issues. First, try changing the channels on your router itself. I know other devices are running fine but changing the channel will not affect them, instead it may fix the problem with your Nexus tab. Second thing you can do is try resetting the tablet to its factory settings once. Many times if there is any unknown problem with devices, it gets fixed by resetting them to factory settings.

I have seen many people reporting wifi issues with Nexus smartphones and tablets (Not just nexus 7). So it appears like nexus devices has wifi problems especially the ones running on Android 4.2 just like we had HTC One X+ users use to have.

Probably this will be fixed soon when Google roll out the new firmware updates for these devices. You can wait until the update arrives.

Many times we face Wifi drop problem because of conflicts with other wifi running devices on the same network. As you said you have few other gadgets as well connected to the same wifi, I guess this could be the reason probably. So what need to do is disconnect the wifi on your tab, forget it, tap it again to enter password, tap on Advance and try switching it from Static IP to Dynamic IP. Try both of these one by one. Anyone of them should work properly.