Thread: How to Sync facebook photo to google contacts on Android phone

How to Sync facebook photo to google contacts on Android phone

I finally bought my first ever Android smartphone "Galaxy S4". Earlier i was using a Lumia phone. Now the problem i am having is i exported all my contacts to vcf file and imported them to my Samsung, somehow the images are not showing up for any contact. tried several times but the result is same. Due to this when somebody calls me up i get a blank photo frame on the screen which looks very ugly. So as my subject line says, i wanted to know how can we Sync contacts photos from Facebook profile to the google contacts on my Android phone? Is there any good application or manual way to do the same?

Thank you.

Re: How to Sync facebook photo to google contacts on Android phone

Well there are several Android applications available on Google Play that does these stuffs on your phone itself. Did you tried any of them? I known few of them such as:
    • UberSync Facebook Contact Sync
    • Sync.ME - Sync for Facebook
    • Contact Picture Sync

There are lots more but these are the best which i have tried once. Give them a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Allman View Post
    i wanted to know how can we Sync contacts photos from Facebook profile to the google contacts on my Android phone? Is there any good application or manual way to do the same?
    I know there are several apps available around Play store but they also brings several unwanted informations to your phone which are not required at all. Hence i love doing it manually. As you have also asked how you can do it manually, well here is how i did on my Android phone:

• First of all you will need to download the official Facebook application on your phone.
    • Enter your login credentials and login to Facebook App
    • Now search for any of your friends photo for whom you want to set the picture.
    • Open their photo on facebook.
    • Press settings button which will bring up options saying "Set As"
    • From this options select Set as Contact Photo and you are done.

Wow, thank you for sharing such useful info Maq. This was something much easier, safest and clean way to get Facebook contact pictures synced with the Google Contacts. Even I know about those apps, have used few of them but the only reason I don’t wanted to use them was the same as you said, they bring several unwanted stuffs as well messing up the contact lists. This is how I wanted to do. Help appreciated.

The best third party application for syncing Facebook images and other important data with Google contacts on Android phone is HaxSync for Facebook. However it is not free, you will have to pay Rs. 80 to use it. It syncs high-quality facebook contact images using face-detection to get the cropping just right. All this can be done in just one simple tap.

The manual way provided above by Maq is surely the best way but what if you have a list of 1000 contacts? I guess you will need to dedicated an entire day for doing that one by one. So here is the app which will help you doing the same with some more important features. Check it on Google Play.